Clogs Vs Cobbles

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Welllll when Clogs first came back on the fashion scene I was very anti clogs. I think is the chunkiness of them with an open back - dislike. But I hate to say it - I have found a pair that I adore and now own! They are a lace up pair from Miss Selfridge. Just adore them, they look amazing with a pair of trousers I bought from Zara. However it seems that as much as I aesthetically love them they are hell to walk in!! I am ok on smooth flat surfaces - say indoors. But outside......



I wanted to show them off to Mr Fashion Fantasist so I wore them recently to the Harbourside Festival.... BIG mistake!!! The shape of clogs means that the 'wooden' sole is curved so I kept falling off balance especially on all of Bristol's cobbley streets. So Mr FF frightened that I was going to snap my ankles and irritated that we were walking the speed to snails bought me some lovely, flat, white tennis shoes from Primark (£2).

After that we both enjoyed the day a lot more! I am still trying to persevere with the clogs because they go with a lot in my wardrobe, but I think I will find that I will walk everywhere in my white pumps and once I get there I will sit with my lovely clogs on!

Has anyone else a fashion disaster or funny story? Do share and I might not feel so silly!

Best Wishes Fashion Fantasist xx