Liquid Metal Palette 02

Friday, October 8, 2010
Now in stock! Yippee!



I am a big, big fan of the Liquid Metals and when I heard that we were developing a set of coloured ones, I was incredibly excited. Today, one landed on my desk and I was so thrilled, I thought I would create a quick look on top of my eye make-up and show you these wonderful new shades...

[From left to right] Stoic, Resolute, Superior, Solstice  [flash]

Stoic - Yet to try this one, but since Debbie Harry came in to Beak Street last week and picked one up, who am I to judge?!

Resolute - The most versatile of the three new shades. I've read some great blogs that have picked up on it's potential as a lip shade, blush and beautiful eye colour so I can't wait to get experimenting with this one.

Superior - The shade I am most excited about, as when I used it over the eye shadows that I had on in the morning [a mix of deep pink and purple shades] it came out as a beautiful blue/purple. Great that these can be used over eye shadows as well as under them.

Solstice - The original, and still the best...!


Below is what I created, what do you think? As I said, I had on previously Cream Eye Shadow in 'Touch' [unfortunately, a discontinued product] and then Powder Eye Shadow in 'Trollop' and 'lick' with some Pure Pigment in 'Involve' in the outer corners and a smudge of Powder Eye Shadow in 'Matter' for an added bit of smoke  - I didn't take a before picture, doh!

So here is my after picture ...

 

And here is what I did ...

1. I added a small amount of Liquid Metal in 'Superior' to the out corner and just above my crease line with an Angled Eye Liner Brush. I then buffed it out using an Eye Shadow Brush. I layered and buffed out until I was happy with the effect.

2. I then used the Angled Eye Liner Brush to draw a line underneath my lashes, which was blended in to the existing black Medium Pencil in 'Sophie' that I had put on in the morning.

3. To finish the look, I used a small amount of Liquid Metal in 'Resolute' in the centre of my eye and blended in to the Superior. This look really gorgeous and made a wonderful plum when blended.

4. Finally, I added a concentrated amount of the Superior along my upper lash line. You may notice that my lashes are Superior blue, too - an experiment that I will report on twitter if all goes well!